My name is Christian Bailey and I teach Bible and theology in the upper school. I received my degree in biblical studies from the College of Biblical Studies in 2010 and have been teaching at Sojourn since that time. I’m privileged to interact with my students each week in the classroom and help them learn more about our great God and His gospel.
I believe that God’s revelation to man in the Bible is the foundation of all knowledge and, therefore, should be the fountainhead from which all subjects of learning flow. Each student should love God with “all of their mind” (Mark 12:30), which means they must learn to be deeply committed to God’s word and strive for excellence in their studies.
For us to love God with all our minds He must be the Lord of all our studies. For this reason, Biblical instruction is absolutely essential to students’ education at Sojourn Academy. In Bible class, students will be taught the necessity of a robust personal faith which is founded upon God’s Word. My goal is to assist parents in instructing their students in the faith that was “once for all handed down to the saints” (Jude 3). To that end, here are some of the things I hope to instill in my students…
• That students would learn to utilize a proper approach to personal Bible study which seeks to discover the original meaning of the biblical text and how its promises and precepts apply to life in the present day
• That students would be well acquainted with the story of redemption as it unfolds in the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments and see how they themselves fit into that story
• That students would know and love the major doctrines of the Bible, which tell us who God is and what great things He has done for believers in Christ Jesus
• That students would develop the ability to interpret the world around them through the framework of a biblical worldview and use wisdom and discernment in decision making
• That students would feel compelled to share their faith with clarity and conviction to a lost world which desperately needs the gospel
I desire to see my students know Jesus as their Savior, obey Him as their Lord, rest in Him as their Prince of Peace, and delight in Him as their greatest joy. My hope for them is that they will be found complete in Christ (Col 1:28).
When I’m not teaching I enjoy reading, skateboarding, playing guitar, and spending time with family. My wonderful wife Arielle and I live in Spring and are the happy parents of Christiana Marie and Micah Graham.
If you would like to know more about the Bible classes we teach in the upper school, feel free to e-mail me with your questions. Thanks for visiting my page and God bless!